Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Program

I couldn't find my camera last Sunday, so I have no pics of the daycare/church Christmas program, but let me tell you, it was wonderful! Meg sung her little heart out. We've been listening to that music practicing now since before Thanksgiving (and if you know me, was against my beliefs!) HA HA! She not only knew all the singing words, but she was up there mouthing the spoken parts too!

She and Kate sat next to each other. Overall, I couldn't believe how well behaved everyone was. The kids (lots of them!) sat up there and were nearly perfect. I mean there were your typical nose pickers (yes...one of them was Meg ***hide***) and little squirmers and occasional yeller, but for young kids, they were amazing! Hoots (or is it Hollers for you G-field people) to Pastor and Miss Libby for that! Those people are amazing! We love them and can't imagine what another daycare would be like. Anyways...Meg picked a feather off her angel wing and decided to start to point it at me. She kept sort of flicking it, then pointing it. We got to laughing at her, which only encouraged her more, so what's the right thing for her to do? Pick one off for Kate. Then they both started doing it. After a few minutes of that it got boring, so they decided to try another tactic to make sure they were being paid attention to....hugging. Yes, those sweet little angels, sat up there and loved on each other. It was sweet as can be and I do have that videoed! Maybe we need to show it on one of their hair pulling/spitting days? HA!

One little funny about the song....she told me this week that she wanted to hear the "All Da Hay" song. I couldn't figure it out until she started singing....All Da Haaaaay, angels sing....glory to the newbown king! I cracked up....I'll never hear "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" again and not think of her sweet interpretation. What joy that is!

I can hardly wait for Christmas to get here. It seems like every year as she gets older, it gets more fun. I hope that never stops!

No comments: