Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spring???

OK...so today we "sprung" forward on our clocks! Now, if the stupid weather would just cooperate. We are definitely ready to be outdoors enjoying some fresh air. This weekend was a busy one..here's recap:

Friday night-A rushed taco dinner at our house, then we headed off to see the boys' science fair projects at their school. We left in a few snow flurries, but by the time we hit the interstate, it was really coming down and the wind was horrendous. We made it safely, took a look at their work and all the other parents **ahem** I mean kids' work and headed home. Afraid of the idiots on the highway, we took the back way, which just so happened led us past Frosty Boy in New Pal...and, of course, what does everyone (or at least all of us) want while in the midst of mini-blizzard???? ICE CREAM!! Yep, Greg even walked up to the window and stood out in the weather waiting on it. Delicious!

Saturday- Sort of slept in (7:30AM) got up had a nice breakfast, then decided I had cabin fever. Greg came over to take us out to run a couple of errands. We ended up at my parents as Greg was going to plow drives if necessary. After a while, we ended up having a bite of lunch there, then came home to play out in the snow. We bundled up and headed out to the yards to play. Then we decided we needed to check out the woods and creek. We've been watching erosion in action back at the creek and it was amazing to see the progress on Saturday! Saturday night was dinner at Ponderosa w/ my whole family and our gang. (It seems like all we ever do is eat!) After dinner we headed back to Greg's. Everyone ended up totally enthralled with the Wii. Lisa actually took off Sunday morning and bought herself one, she was so excited about it.

Sunday- Claire and Kate spent the night, so the girls were all up around 6AM (7AM since we sprung forward though) We had breakfast, played around our house, then Greg's for little bit and went out for Sunday dinner. Chicken and noodles today...MY FAV! (Here we go, eating AGAIN, no wonder my pants fit like they do!) The boys did some sheep stuff and Papaw kept everyone entertained outside buidling snowmen in the horse lot. (Penny and Peggy are too sure about the snow people staring at them.) Of course, I had to get outside and join the snowball fight. Lots of fun, but I"m ready for that spring weather! Sunday night was "clean out the fridge to fill up the kids night." (Yes, the kids were hungry AGAIN!) Meg was pooped, so bedtime was easy tonight. We had some nice snuggle time in the rocking chair before she drifted off.

Tomorrow is a big day. I'm observing in a preschool to see if it seems to be a good fit for her next year and she has a speech evaluation after I observe. It's a neat program. She would be a "typical peer" in a special needs preschool, so that's why they have her speech evaluated. They asked if I had speech concerns...ummmm...not really, except that sometimes she talks so much she can't take the time to breathe or eat! HA HA HA! I guess they only accept "social" kids to encourage the postive interaction. I think she will pass that test. :) It's getting really scary at the thought of her being school aged. Sigh...that's another reflection post for another day. I need to head to bed....I doubt I could be so lucky to get a delay in the morning.

Sunday

No comments: