Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birthday Time!

Yep....yesterday was 04/14/08....Meg's 4th birthday. Wow! What a day it was. I took the afternoon off so we could spend it together. We went to lunch at El Rodeo (her choice) where she enjoyed her cheese dip and cheese quesadilla. She also remembered from Uncle Ryan's birthday in September that he got to wear a hat and had ice cream put on his nose. She requested that, so they brought her out a huge dessert. She was cracking up and loved every minute of it (I didn't have my camera....grrrrr!)

After lunch, we came home and had a little siesta. She, as usual, wasn't tired but slept for two hours. She was totally energized when she woke up. She was probably the most hyped up that I've ever seen her. We noticed Greg outside working on her playhouse shortly after we woke up (yes, I napped too!) so we went out to join him. We took the bright purple paint and went to work painting. She helped and actually did a marvelous job. I was shocked that she had less paint on her than what I had on me! HA! I left shortly after that to go pick up her My Little Pony cake and some chocolate ice cream. She suckered Greg into swinging her the entire time I was gone.

After dinner, everyone came over for opening presents and cake and ice cream. She was so funny to watch open her gifts. At one point, she stood and wiggled her butt as fast as she could...looked like a little duck. All in all, it was a super day. She just loves her new Leapster from Mamaw and Papaw and her High School Musical sleeping bag from Greg. I'm sure she'll get lots of use out of both of them this weekend while we camp. I'll be sure to post pics after we get back.

I'm headed off now to enter in my (**ahem** I mean HER) new Webkinz duck. She hasn't quite decided on a name, but I can still enter in the code so I can have all that extra cash to "buy" stuff with.

No comments: