Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sailing Adventures












Yesterday we embarked on a totally new adventure.....sailing. It was, well......an adventure. We learned a couple of very important things about sailing. #1, never be in a hurry or on a time schedule when sailing, you'll end up late. #2, you cannot get from Point A to Point B, you must learn how to track (I think that's what it's called) across the water back and forth to get to where you want to go. #3, stalling stinks! And #4, you need to carry extra boat parts with you somewhere on the boat, because if you lose a pin that connects a something major to the main sail, it makes it very difficult to sail. But, all in all, it was fun. Meg really enjoyed it, and probably would've even more if Nervous Mommy would've let herself on the shoreline, but I just couldn't help it. It will take some getting used to. Being at the mercy of the wind was a totally new feeling and I will admit to feeling powerless, even though I was in charge of the jib (I know you are totally impressed by the use of my sailing lingo!) which helped to steer the boat. I'm sure as time goes on and we get more practice sailing, Nervous Mommy will relax and Meg will have even more fun. When I asked her at the end of the day which she like better, kayaking or sailing she said sailing was much more fun because it was faster. What a lucky kid to kayak and sail in the same day!
Oh....and tomorrow's the big day....we head off to Disney World. The debate is still on as to whether or not I'll be taking my computer. I may, so check back later this week, as I may update from there if I get online for class.


No comments: