Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer **Rules**(both meanings of that word)

Meg was oh so excited to kick off summer vacation yesterday morning that she woke up at 5am. Ummmmm...that is NOT gonna work for this teacher on vacation so I decided that I must implement some summertime rules. She isn't really into napping, but she really needs a rest time still, so I decided to tell her that if she's up before 8:00AM she has to take a nap, if she's up after that, NO NAP! That sounds reasonable, doesn't it? So, here's how the morning goes this morning:

About 7AM I hear her stirring. She keeps peeking at the clock (it was her one night every two weeks that she gets to sleep in my bed) Finally at 7:23, she groans and says, "It's NEVER say 8:00 on that clock!" Then she proceeds to tell me that she has to pee but she won't get out of bed to go because if she does she'll have to take a nap. Ummmm...that's not the way that work. Peeing in my bed would void out any deals I'd made! I guess the point is that we have some work to do. Slowly her body will adjust to sleeping later, right???? Until then, WE, yes WE, will be napping from about 1-3. DO NOT CALL OUR HOME PHONE and if you call my cell phone, it will be on silent and I will not answer. I love summer vacation! :)

No comments: