Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day!!!!!







Wow...amazing, my baby girl started kindergarten today. She was soooooo excited. She's been counting down for well over the past week, which hasn't exactly been great for me. Every day she's been reminding me of how many days I didn't have left of summer vacation. HA!

Orientation was last night. Right before we left she asked me if she was going to be "intested" in anything at orientation. We took all of her supplies up and got to "meet" her teacher. Not a big deal, since she already knows Mrs. Stevens, but she was still excited. Mrs. Stevens even introduced her teaching assistant, Mrs. Elsbury. Meg knows Mrs. Elsbury as "Babber" and has for a long time. On the way home Meg and I had a talk that she should call her Mrs. Elsbury at school and not "Babber." Meg's repsonse? "What about if I call her Mrs. Babber?"


She could hardly get to sleep last night. She began to get a little nervous and started asking questions about her main concern, whether or not she was going to make friends, right before bed time. Now....she is quite a pro at delaying bed time, but I think she was honestly concerned and not just putting off bed. She finally got laid down and I thought she was asleep because she'd been in there for about 20 minutes or so. Greg came in from outside and went to peek in on her. He said she was laying there all wide-eyed and told him she was just too excited to sleep! He wished her a good day though and she did manage to fall asleep at some point.

When she woke up this morning, she had a huge grin and was ready to go. On the way to the sitter's she told me that she wished the morning was over because it was going to last forever (She's going to kdg in the afternoon.) I was not successful in leaving the sitter's without tears this morning. I was doing fine, until she bee-bopped away from me and said "Have a great day Mom!" This was just waaaaay too grown up and I lost it. She was so excited though that she didn't even notice. I left quickly though and was fine by the time the afternoon actually rolled around. I was able to get someone to cover my room for a couple of minutes so I could walk her in to the building.

After school, her first comment was that she had to go potty, then she came back and gave me the run-down of the day. She did make friends, although she couldn't remember their names. She got to listen to a story and color a page, and even had recess, although it was VERY short, too short for her! She even informed me they had a special visitor in the classroom. She proudly proclaimed that 'Jobie' came to see them. 'Jobie' is our school principal. I told her that she definitely needs to call him Mr. Whitaker and not 'Jobie' even though that is how she hears me refer to him. I guess it's time that I start referring to all school personnel as Mr. and Mrs. so she doesn't wind up in trouble!

All in all she was very excited about the day and says she can't wait to go back tomorrow....good thing 'cause there's no stopping now!

No comments: