Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Little of this...little of that!

Hmmm....where to begin???? I guess I'll recap our weekend. We had a great camping trip with Mamaw and Papaw. Meg had an obsession with taking care of Lexie (their little dog) which included pickin up her poop in the little poop bags. She was so excited to do this. I must admit that I was quite shocked that Princess Meg would stoop so low, but she did and would actually get off of her bike to pick it up. As she'd pick it up, she'd always declare to us "It's hot poop!" HA HA! We also played quite a bit of McDonald's through the screen door on the RV, roasted marshmallows (which she managed to get in her hair), and even had time to fish. We are definitely not much of fisherman, but we did manage to catch two fish. Papaw caught one and Meghan caught the other one. Technically, I was holding her pole and doing the fishing because that was waaaaay too boring, but when I realized it was hooked, I let her reel it in. The look on her face and her excitement was priceless. So glad I had my camera to capture the moments.

The other funny of the weekend was that Meg decided she wanted to sleep under the stars (her words, not mine!) We all told her we were not sleeping out there with her, but that we'd be happy to set up the air mattress and let her do it. This was going to be perfectly fine with her, for a short while. Then she started second-guessing her decision. At one point she cracked me up by saying, "I have this picture in my head that I may come back in in the middle of the night!" The lines she comes up with have me rolling sometimes!

Once we got home, she was NOT tired, but managed to take a two hour nap. (I can only imagine how long her nap would've been if she had slept under the stars! LOL) I had promised to wake her up after one hour, so she wasn't wasting the whole day and play time. I did go in and wake her after an hour, but she mumbled something at me, then put the blanket over her head and slept for another hour. Good thing she wasn't really tired, or she may have slept until morning. **wink, wink**

Tonight she wanted to watch tv instead of reading books before bed. Funny video was on so she watched all of that. Right after it was other some other game show came on and this guy contestant introduced his "husband." This really caught Meg's attention and she asked several questions about it, most of which I dodged. Why can't she be a little less observant at times???

Tomorrow begins another week of kindergarten and I'm sure a new homework packet. Whooopee!

No comments: