Participating in an Egyptian ceremony and parade
Hard at work
Digging for dinosaur bones
Happy Cheerleader!
Snarly Cheerleader! (all in a matter of seconds!)
It hasn't been much of a restful break, but Meg and I have been enjoying our time off of school. On Thursday after a yumy breakfast out with Mamaw and Papaw, we took off to the Children's Museum. Mamaw went with us, so it was a nice girls day for us! We toured the haunted house at the museum during the friendly hours. Meg absolutely loved it! In each room, the friendly workers hand out some kind of treat and there is, of course, lots of neat things to look at while going through. We also spent time doing some of our other favorites. Three rides on the carousel, some play time in the science and water area, plus a visit to the Dinosphere pretty much covered our day.
She's also been very happy because she's been able to sleep in my bed twice. One of the biggest treats ever for her! On Wednesday night, we watched the Halloween special "Monsters vs. Aliens" while snuggled up together. She told me before it started that she didn't think it was scary, but if it was and I got scared, she'd hold me. Is that not the sweetest comment ever! Love moments like that!
Last night, she slept in my bed again and we talked for a little while before going to sleep. The conversation went like this:
Meg- Were Webkinz invented when you were a little girl?
Me- No, but I had Cabbage Patch Kids and Strawberry Shortcakes.
Meg- I've never heard of those, were there even stuffed animals invented yet?
Me- ***laughing** Yes, I'm not that old silly!
Meg- I know, but where there dolls invented?
Me- Yes
Meg- What about dinosaurs?
Me-**feeling pretty at this point!** LOL They were already extinct, how old do you think I am?
Meg- What's extinct mean?
Me-**relieved that the subject has changed** Extinct means they not around anymore.
That was a conversation that did not boost my ego! Good thing my birthday is still a ways away, so I wouldn't have a complex about it! =)
The rest of our time has pretty much been spent at school preparing my room since I switch grade levels on Monday! Meg's very excited that my new room is very close to hers and that we'll see each other on some of the days when she has recess. It's so great that she still loves her momma like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment