Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Growing up and more....












Meghan has entertained me tonight with her grown up talk. She's got a new jean skirt that she's excited to wear tomorrow to school and I told her that she had to wear leggings undereath of it because it's cold out now. She didn't like that idea, so I told her that she couldn't unless she wore the leggins. She then proceeded to make the following comment, "Fine I'll wear the skirt with leggins (and she put leggins in "air quotes" with her fingers!)

We also saw a preview of a movie and it said it was rated PG. She told me that she knew PG stood for Parent Guideman. I asked her if she meant Parental Guidance and she told that's just what she meant! Silly kid!

She also had her first basketball game yesterday and it was fantastic! She had fun and did a super job. She even displayed some aggressiveness, which made me proud. It was much better than any soccer game. I'm very hopeful that she's got some potential in basketball. She dribbled well and her defensive skills were super for a 5 year old, if I might say so myself! =)

She did decide that she doesn't like the buzzer at the end of the quarter, so she covered her ears for that. LOL I also found out today (I didn't see this because I was coaching, er directing the others), but while she was on the bench she was watching the clock and counting down with her ears covered and even convinced the little girl next to her to do the same!

No comments: