Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I said I would...




Better late than never. I said I'd put some pics of our most recent camping trip to Versailles on here. I'm a few weeks late, but here are a couple. We found a creek bed that was full of rocks that had fossils in them. It was one of the coolest places I've seen camping. :) The kids loved it too and Greg and I had fun pretending like we really knew something about them. Of course, the environmental dude and the science teacher should know something about fossils anyways, shouldn't we?!?! HA! It was a pretty good hike to get there. Meg made it just fine, with the exception of one minor fall at the beginning that resulted in ***hold your breath*** a little scrape and blood. Accck! Thank goodness I stocked the camper up with special medicine and bandaids earlier this summer. I was proud of her for walking the whole time, not whining and not making us carry her.




We spent a good amount of our time at the pool. They had a huge 100 ft. waterslide that Miss Thing **by herself** and the boys went down about 100 times. Greg and I were on it about half that much. It was fun! There was a high dive too. Brave Mommy decided that after Greg went off of it, she could too! Man...that sucker is high! They don't call it a high dive for nothing. I got up there, walked out the end, and turned around and went back down the ladder. Some kid on the ground walked up and said, "Don't worry, there's always next year." I was mortified, so a little while later, I went back up and jumped. The boys made fun of me b/c I held my nose and was flailing my arms, but I DID IT! I must say though that the amount of respect I had for those Olympic high divers is now much greater. :) *Swimming pics are on Greg's camera, and I haven't uploaded them yet*




The rest of our time was spent riding bikes, playing on the playground and relaxing by the fire. One final story...the raccoons there was wicked. They ripped open our Mt. Dew can and drank them all, opened our cooler and drank the kids Caprisuns too. Wow! All in all, it was a very fun trip!

No comments: