Just a few thoughts tonight. I seriously wonder if Meghan has multiple personalities. OK...maybe not seriously, but I do wonder. She can go from happy-go-lucky to pi$$ed off at the world (well, not really the world, just me) in a few seconds and vice versa. Case in point, we left Greg's house this afternoon, where she'd spent a great deal of time. She'd been able to go to the bathroom by herself, get her own shoes and coat on, etc... She was playing very happily with the boys. I'll call this Meghan #1, since it's my most preferred Meghan. Then, the car door opened when we got home and the whining Meghan #2 emerged. "Mooooooommy, I can't get my boots off. I can't get my coat off." My arms and hands are overloaded with all of her stuff she'd carted to Greg's so I couldn't really help. I, very nicely, told her she could do it herself. Wham! Switch to Meghan #3, pi$$ed off Meghan. Now she's just ticked that her servant (me) won't help her when she has ordered. I went ahead, walked upstairs and told her that she could not come up until she had her boots off since she'd been in the barn with them on.
Not-so-surprisingly, two seconds later, she was in the kitchen...still Meghan #3. She stomps, snorts at me a little bit, yells something at me, I choose to ignore her for the meantime, because NAPTIME is just around the corner! WOOHOO, quiet time for Mommy! After ignoring her for a couple of minutes, Meghan #3 disappears and Meghan #2 comes back. This time she's hungry. She wants a snack, but not that snack or that one.... She wants leftover noodles. I heat up leftover noodles, but that wasn't quite right. Meghan #3 comes back. At this point, I'm done. I scoop her up, tell her it's nap time. As expected, Meghan #3 is super-mad now, but with a threat of losing tv time for the week, she gets quiet quickly and sleeps soundly for two hours. Fatigue played a part, and I realize that, but it's still trying on my nerves to deal with that! I guess I am glad that she doesn't have these moods with everyone, only me!
Oh, I forget to mention one more Meghan...Meghan #4, the sweet cuddly one that gets up from a nap or out of bed in the mornings. I love, love, love that one. She'll cuddle up next to me under a blanket or in bed for a while and just chill. It brings back the sweet memories of when I used rock my baby girl to sleep every night, long before all these different moods hit.
Can you imagine what will happen with puberty and hormones? I better start stockpiling up on anti-anxiety meds now!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment