Oh my gosh! Where has this child come from????? This week has been a total flip of last week. Last week the issue was going to bed. I endured screaming, crying, and utter madness just trying to get her to go to bed. Not this week....she's been an angel every night. After I tuck her in and accommodate a couple of her requests (just ONE more hug and kiss and a drink usually) she's been off to sleepy-land. It's been great, very peaceful! Stress free evenings!!! :)
Mizz Thing has decided she can't make life that easy for Mama, so mornings has been the terror time. She now wants a say in her clothes, not just simple, I wanna wear these pink pants with this orange shirt kinda thing, but refusing to wear only sweatpants. I'm totally thinking back to my cousin Andrew and his now infamous black sweats in July that he insisted upon wearing EVERYDAY. Paybacks are he**, huh? HA! I'd be totally fine if she just wanted to wear mismatched clothes, but the problem is much larger. She hates anything I pick out. Today the pants were too long and the sleeves on the shirts were also too long. Do you know what a total dork she looked like going in to daycare today. Picture it:
**Pink sweat pants, rolled up to over her brown boots and striped shirt with sleeves rolled up too
Don't forget, it's about 15 degrees here right now, so it's cold...like should be all bundled up cold, but NOOOOO not my sweet Meggie, she's strolling in like it's sweet summertime!!
So, after a lunch room discussion today at school we've tried something new. She helped me pick out two outfits, with accompanying socks, undies and everything else tonight. In the morning, she gets to pick one. If it works and makes for a tear-free Thursday morning, I'm gonna run into school, find Robin (the teacher who suggested it) and give her a huge hug! :) I'll keep ya posted! {{{{{fingers crossed}}}}}}}
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment