OK, so time has been too busy to update everything, so I post the most recent. Meg showed her sheep today at the fair and she won her class! I was so proud of her. Last year, we had a big plan to show and she'd practiced, then she wimped out at the last minute. This year I hadn't even mentioned it, nor had she. Claire had been talking about it and Meg just kept quiet. I figured she didn't want to, so I wouldn't push it. Yesterday, she announced a couple of things.
1.) She wants to be a pig show-er when she gets older. She's completely obsessed with pigs.
2.) She wants to wash cows.
3.) She was going to show a sheep tomorrow. (Which was today)
Only 1 of those three things is a reality, so I went along with it. We packed up her show shirt, jeans and tennis shoes (time to buy new boots!) this morning and headed to the fair. I really had little expectations that she would do this, so I didn't have my hopes up. She hasn't led a lamb for quite some time. One of the older girls at the fair offered her lamb for Meg and Kate to share. It was a very nice, calm lamb, so it made it pretty easy for her. She got her coaching on exactly what to do, and in typical Meghan fashion, she did exactly what she was supposed to and it was perfect! My biggest fear was that she'd make a mistake of some kind or that the lamb would end up acting dumb and she stand out in the show ring and cry, so I told her ahead of time that if she didn't cry, I'd buy her a new Webkinz. HA!
She got a neat plaque that I can put a 5 x 7 photo in and a blue ribbon. Kate did a great job too and got fourth (a pink ribbon) but she was very upset that she didn't get a blue ribbon like "May-May", so Meghan told her that she liked pink better anyways and would trade her! That cracked me up...I guess she doesn't understand placing and colors just yet! I would've bitten someone's fingers off if they tried to take my blue ribbon from me! HA HA!
OH...and we've already got the Webkinz....she picked a cocker spaniel puppy this time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment