Summer sure has been lots of fun. It's bittersweet writing about what we spent time doing, but the reality is.....school's just around the corner. I guess I'm ready to go back. I usually always get that way, but am not having any feelings of wanting to go back yet this year. :/ Maybe it will come in the next couple of weeks, but for now I'll enjoy looking back at the fun things we've been up to.
We kicked off the summer by heading to Missouri to fire school with Greg. While he learned all about fighting wildfires during the day, Meg and I spent the days finding things to do. We visited the capital building (gorgeous inside!), went swimming in a few different pools, did some shopping, rode the elevator in the hotel, visited a nature center, and saw a veterinary museum. Good time! In the evenings we had dinners with Greg and usually found some ice cream for dessert.
A couple of weeks after that we took off and headed to Spring Mill State Park int the camper with our whole gang. We spent lots of time swimming, biking (the boys loved the dirt bike hills), playing on the playground, and exploring caves (not my favorite thing!) After a couple days there, we headed to Holiday World to meet up with the rest of my family. Holiday World was a blast...I think between all of us we rode every ride at least twice! :) Pics from the fun:
After Holiday World, we spent time at home hanging out together. We've enjoyed many visits to the library, lots of time swimming at Mamaw and Papaw's and then the county fair. Read below for details of that fun. Greg's been gone for the past two weeks fighting wildfires in California, and we're both anxiously awaiting his return sometime this next weekend!
There is one last of big summer news. Meg is swimming by herself now! Yesterday, she just took off in the deep end by herself. She didn't realize it really and it scared her at first. Once she realized what she did though, she just kept doing it. She can swim about halfway across the pool. In typical Meg fashion, she just decided she'd do this and that was that. I'm so proud of her! :)
Well...we're headed off today to have a playdate with some new friends/new babysitter. She's excited about going so I'd better get moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment