Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Swim Lesson Update

Swim lessons are a success! Meghan absolutely loves them! Last night, the very first thing they had them do was jump off the side and go under, no problem for my little water bug. Tonight they were actually jumping and touching the bottom and learning how to jump up to the top. I'm sure that seems like a long time under water for her so she now proudly proclaims, "I can stay under water for one whole minute!" HA! They also got out the kick boards so she went a pretty good ways with that. She also was able to swim all by herself for a good little distance. Not bad for day two. I am a proud mommy. :) She looks forward to going and eats like a little pig when we get home. Last night, she ate an entire plate of lasagna, a roll, green beans, and a helping of what Grandpa and I were having for dinner, and then she had her Dunkin Donut for dessert! Tonight, she polished off her portion of the pasta she was sharing with her cousins, a couple of Red Lobster rolls, some of my shrimp, some of Papaw's shrimp and his fish too. I'd better go grocery shopping and stock up!

I will say she ended my evening with the sweetest comment. She was being all sweet about my birthday and telling me she hoped I had a happy day and that what makes her happiest is spending it with me. Now what more could I want, right?

First one in!

Cool kick boards!

Swimming to "that swim teaching girl"

I don't lie...see that smile???? She loves it!

No comments: