Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Warm Weather Fun

Well....I'd planned on posting on here last night with some pics we'd taken and telling about how wonderful the weather was and how much we'd been enjoying the warmth...guess I'm a day late! We did enjoy the warm weather Monday and Tuesday after school, but it's FREEZING today! So not fair! Oh well...surely warm weather will be here to stay before too long, right?

Anyways, Meg got over the stomach bug for the most part on Monday, although she did get to spend the afternoon with Mamaw and Papaw after Mommy stayed home in the morning. **Partly so we could catch up on the rest we'd missed for spending two nights in the bathroom** We spent Monday after school practicing for upcoming spring soccer and throwing a frisbee. Meg did a pretty good job of learning how to catch it! =) Then we ventured off into the woods and the creek. We found a bunch of mussel shells back at the creek then headed up towards what has been our "mountain" path that leads up behind Greg's house. Someone has been back there cutting down a buch of trees and our path is hidden. It made it difficult to navigate and Ms. Boss kept insisting we were lost. Not really since we could see Greg's house and the camper, we just couldn't find the direct way to get out of the woods. In the mean time, we saw four deer run through just a short distance in front of us. Meg also had her brush with a thorn bush. She had a teensy-tiny place where she touched it....for a moment, I thought it was going to be necessary to call in the lifeline helicopter to come rescue us, but I ended up convincing her that she'd be fine. She managed by holding her thumb tightly until we found our way out. **Whew...a close brush with death in the wilderness!** After we got out she jumped on the trampoline for a while and showed me all of her "tricks" which are truly amazing! I had to score each one and I quickly learned that a score of 10 was not near high enough for a princess doing trampoline tricks.


Tuesday we spent time closer to the house as it looked like it could rain at any minute, so our woods trip got cancelled for the day. She played in the sandbox instead, although Servant Mother (me) had to spend 10 minutes with the sifter-thing making sure that every miniscule bug was out of it before Princess Meg would play in it. ;) We even made a yummy dinner out on the grill! Mmmmmm! All in all it was a nice two days of fun outside....however the cold front moved in sometime around midnight last night. How do I know it was midnight? Because that's when a scared little girl literally ran into my room and said, "I hear a scary, scary noise!" Well, that scared the crap out of me, thinking someone was in the house because at midnight I had been sleeping so soundly I had no idea there was a great wind and lots of raining going on outside. Once my head cleared and I realized we were in no danger of being kidnapped, I took her back to her bed, laid down with her for a few minutes and all was well. We bundled up with our winter coats and hats again this morning and headed out for another glorious day!

No comments: