Last night was the school carnival, which Meg had looked forward to all week. And why wouldn't she...what other night is there when you can eat Chicago's pizza, play games and win trinket toys, suckers, fish, and cans of pop? Meg enjoyed playing games like the Stuffed Animal Walk, Plinko, Ring Toss, Go Fish, a car race game, the sucker pull and corn hole. She won all of the things I already mentioned, which included a fish.....yes, a real live fish. Rudolph, the fish that so tragically died a year ago, had never been replaced, so why not? She took that ping pong ball and from a pretty good distance launched it right into the fish tank to prouldly win her a fish. She was elated! We got home around 8:30 and she was still pretty hyped up, until her bubble got burst. We flipped on the tv to watch the "Bad Kid Show" aka Supernanny like we do every Friday night, but it wasn't on. She was heartbroken.
We went ahead and went to sleep. I was hoping to sleep late this morning as I've ben really tired this week, but no such luck. She woke up at 3am and began puking. She's got a nasty, nasty stomach bug and has been puking and poo-ing all day long and running a fever. Poor thing. I feel just awful for her! I guess she ended up with an extra not-so-goodie from the carnival maddness. :(
The only bright side of this...I was extremely motivated at about 6am this morning and got laundry done, bed sheets change and beds made, kitchen cleaned and trash taken out. I felt like I needed to get all of my "ducks in a row" because I figure I'll be having the same symptoms before too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment