Meghan's first comment to me when she woke up today was reminding me that she was now 5 for two whole days! I'm wondering how many days she'll keep track of this and remind me about it! :) It's an amazing thing to think back over the past five years. So much has happened in life that some of seems like it was an eternity ago, yet when I think back and remember lying the hospital bed holding my sweet baby girl for the first time, it seems like it was just an instant ago. I remember the feeling of joy and also the fear of thinking I'd have no idea what the "right" way to raise a child was. Being a teacher and a believer that learning as much as you can about things is the best was to prepare, I'd read as much as I possibly could, but I still didn't feel prepared and ready to raise a child. Some how, as everyone said it would, you just know what to do and how to do it. There are so many things I never thought I'd be able to do. I had a fear that I wouldn't know if her cry was because she was hungry or or had a dirty diaper. I knew, instantly. I had this big fear that I'd never be able to give her a "fever kiss" like my mom did and know when she had a fever or was sick. Somehow I do. I had a fear that I had no idea how to get her potty trained. That was pretty easy.
If you know me at all, you know that there were a million other things I worried about, but somehow, it's all worked out ok so far. I still have fears, my most recent one is that I'm never gonna be able to teach her to ride a bike without training wheels. I'm sure soon enough though, she'll be whizzing around everywhere. Five years has passed by so quickly and thinking about all of the changes she's gone through is fascinating. I can only imagine what the future holds for this amazing little person who grows up more and more every day right in front of me. I feel honored to be her mother, even if sometimes I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and don't deserve the title. Not everything can be found in those silly books, you know?
I've got pictures to post from birthday party #1 and from soccer, which finally started tonight in freezing cccccold weather. That's for another night though. As much as I love this little angel, she's destroyed my house the past day with all of her new toys and such. I've got some picking up to do! G'night for now....
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Meghan! You have such an amazing mom!!!
Post a Comment