Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ready for Round-up!

Kindergarten roundup is this Friday. Meg is so excited and ready to go to school, and I'm excited to see her go, but yet a little sad too. I can't believe how quickly 5 years has gone. I know I already posted about that so I won't continue. It's just that I just picture her in 5 more short years and she'll be a 10 year old! YIKES! Those are the age kids I'm looking forward to getting away from after next year. HA! I'm sure she'll stay as sweet as ever though, right???

Anyways, back to round-up... I know they do a screener to see what strengths and weaknesses kids have. I discovered another "strength" of hers this morning. We were in the kitchen getting ready to leave this morning and I hear her singing letters in what I thought was a random order. I was in the process of packing my lunch and it was still dark outside since school starts at the crack of dawn, so I wasn't fully paying attention. She kept doing it and I finally told her that she was being silly and she better not sing those crazy ABC's for Mrs. Stevens on Friday. She looks up at me and tells me that they are not crazy ABC's, but that she was singing the alphabet backwards. I didn't believe her so I told her to sing it again....sure enough she knows the freaking alphabet backwards! I even had her do it a second time so I was certain. She said she heard it as a song at school the other day and just learned it. Man! I wish I had half the memory she did. I'm still convinced that while I was carrying her she sucked all my memory out of me! Here's proof of little-miss-know-it-all new talent...


No comments: