For a while now, whenever we are sitting at stoplights in the car, I have claimed to have magical powers to Meghan. I yell out Bippity! Boppity! Boo! while watching the other light, just waiting for it to turn red. As soon as I say Boo! our light "magically" turns green. Meg just loves it and thinks it's truly amazing. If Meg wants me to do this when it's too early, it's easy to stall for a few seconds and she's been completely clueless and has truly believed that I have magical powers. (Who wouldn't, as I am pretty special, don't ya think! **wink, wink**)
While sitting at a light yesterday, I decided it was time to spill my secret. We had timed the stop lights in town just right so they were all going to be red (not usually my favorite thing, but I thought I'd make the best of it for the day!) I showed her how to watch for yellow and start the saying. She caught on quickly, but doesn't quite grasp the concept about stop light timers and such, since she is after all 4......well, she'll be 5 in seven days in case you are still counting down with us! ;) Anyways, she now believes she has these powers. We were at a light tonight and she did it. She yelled out afterwards, "It's so cool that I have magical powers too!" Yes, that is a pretty neat thing. Now, as soon as I figure out how make money grow on trees....we'll be set! That secret I will not be sharing with blog readers, you'll just be noticing our ever growing shoe collection and the crumbling retaining wall that will be finally be fixed at my house!
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment