Alright...enough of that. We had precisely a day and a half to fit in Spring Break fun and that we did! (WARNING-You may want to go get a cup of coffee and settle in for a long read or skip to the end if your one of those who only gets on here for pictures ;)
Saturday afternoon Mamaw, Papaw and Kate brought Oreo, our bunny, back home from his vacation home. I can't remember if I blogged about it or not, but when the weather turned cold in December we lost his friend Belle to the cold and we quickly shipped him off to the farm to winter in the barn to spare him. Meg's glad to have him back and is excited that she now has two pets to "be responsible for!"
After they left, we primped ourselves (She did waaaay more primping than I did! Ring, bracelet, necklace, lip gloss all at the ripe 'ol age of 4...yikes!) for an evening downtown to go see the Sesame Street Live Show, When Elmo Grows Up. We had dinner at the Spaghetti Factory where Meghan walked right up to the hostess station and announced to them that it was only 10 days until her birthday. (LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!) They seated us in the train, I assume because of her pronouncement, which just thrilled her. She devoured her favorite food of the moment, Fettucini Alfredo, and even ate the Spumoni ice cream for dessert. Then we headed off to the Murat for the show. She at first didn't know if she'd like it or not because "Elmo is for babies" but she ended up thinking it was pretty neat. I had told her the day before that one of her friends Bryce (who's about her age) had seen it and she said that didn't matter because she was taller than him. HA!
Of course she easily talked her way into my bed last night so at 7:30 it was convenient to tell me that her belly was growling and needed an egg sandwich. I held her off for a little while by reminding her that she wanted to play rummy with her animal rummy cards. I outsmarted her on that one because she hopped out of bed, ran and got them and I got to lie in bed an extra 20-30 minutes playing cards before I had to fix the sandwich! =) She's a smart one, but I'm clever too! Papaw called and told us Mamaw wasn't feeling well, so that made our afternoon plans change. We had bruch with Grandpa at O'Charley's.....which included more primping on her part. She did ask to put on makeup which the answer was "No" to. She then made me explain why she couldn't wear makeup when she's getting ready to turn 5 in just 9 days!!!!! You know...that's almost like an adult....so she says. Ahhhhhh.....I can only imagine her as a 13 or 14 year old. I need to become a Mary Kay lady or something!
After brunch, we headed to the mall for our biggest news. SHE GOT HER EARS PIERCED! This is the single most exciting thing in the princess' life yet. She barely even winced when they did it (both ears done simultaneously which is nice!) so I took her by the cookie place afterwards. She had to announce to the cookie lady that she had just had her ears pierced because her birthday is in just 9 days! I also stopped to look at the Saturn vehicles in the middle of the mall area and she told the workers there the same story. Chatty Cathy would talk to the wall if it would listen, especially when she's so excited about something like her upcoming birthday or these earrings. =) We also made a trip to Wal-Mart tonight and she had the whole conversation with the WM checkout lady who made her day by telling her that the earrings she chose made her eyes sparkle. (She also had to tell the lady at WM that her mommy doesn't do a very good job of playing Barbies and proceeded to tell her all the things wrong that I do when I play Barbies.) She had to see a mirror when we got back in the car to see how her eyes sparkle b/c of the earrings. That lady has no idea what her comment meant to Miss Meg!
When we got home we finished up birthday invitations and ate some dinner. I attempted Barbies again, but failed. Does it really matter that Barbie's pants or shirt is on backwards or that her shoes don't match her outfit????? Geez! I need a handbook or something! Oh well....maybe someday my girly girl will want to go outside and shoot baskets, then she'll see that I can do something right! Until then, I'll play Barbies and House and do it all wrong. =)
I nearly forgot! She told me on the funniest thing on the way home. She said that she knew that she and the ear piercing lady "got along immediately (e-me-dat-ly)" because she had let her have that stuffed bear she was holding in the picture to make her happy. She kept trying to say the word, immediately and finally just gave up and said, "You know what I mean Mom!"
No comments:
Post a Comment