Yeah...that's me.....a blogger slacker. Life's been nuts lately. We've been kinda homeless for the past week or so (maybe temporarily displaced is more of the right term, since that nice neighbor we have we have took us in for a few days) due to a sewer problem. The weather's nice so we are outside as much as possible playing and I am in the last week of a class, so I worked really hard last week to finish all my work early to give myself a self-imposed much-needed vacation from Master's work. That means I've actually not been tied to this computer which has been a nice feeling for once! :) Anyways, enough about me...I know no one really comes here to read about me and wacky life. One of my faithful followers emailed today reminding me that she hadn't read an update in a while and made a friendly reminder about posting pics too. **Don't worry, you'll get pics too tonight!!!!**
5) We spent tonight at Grandpa's playing with the horses. Meg and Kate rode Belle (the Palomino mini) for a while. Meg did a great job learning to control her on her own and was very excited about saying "Whooooooaaaaaa!" and making her stop on a dime. She even got up on the big horse June for a little bit and rode her. Uncle Ryan even hopped up there and they loped together. She told us it felt like being on a bunny rabbit and hopping. One might think that as a parent I'd worry about her falling off the horse in this situation. I tend to be a worry-wart mother, but falling off the horse doesn't concern me too much. However...I should have been concerned about her falling off the gate tonight. She had climbed up on a gate to watch Ryan ride, while I led Kate around on Belle and she fell backwards off the get. I just heard a big thud, Ryan yell "Oh Meghan!" then a loud scream. She ended up being ok (the pics below are post-fall) but it scared the crap out of her and me. Note to self....remind child to stay off gate!




b
Guess I'll share some funny Meg stories from lately.
1) My last post was about kindergarten round-up, so I must share this. On our way to school the morning she was to attend this she was asking me question after question about what to expect. She wanted to know what kinds of things they were going to ask her. She even wanted to practice counting. (I stopped her at 140-something and told her that if she got to 10 they'd be happy!) When I mentioned that they may ask her to identify colors, she got very quiet so I knew something was up. A couple of seconds later (that's all the longer she can be really quiet!) she said, "Uh, Mommy, I forget what that bluish-greenish color is called....is it teal?" I told her yes, but then I also explained that only easy colors would be asked like red, blue and yellow. Can you say OVERACHIEVER-TO-BE? Ha!
2) We were eating dinner the other night and for all who don't know Meg doesn't like potatoes. She spit out mashed potatoes at me as a baby, which about freaked me out, what kind of weird kid did I get that doesn't like mashed potatoes??? But, she's never looked back. She will not eat any kind of potatoes really, even french fries aren't a big hit for her. Yeah....weirdo, I know. Anyways, for dinner I had made cheesy potatoes. I put some on her plate and told her she had to take one bite, as I usually do to encourage new tastes and not have a super picky eater. She took a bite and ended up eating them. I also had some on my plate, but I got full and didn't eat many. She was being a big helper and clearing our plates off of the table. When she got to my plate she told me she wouldn't take my plate. When I asked why, she told me it was because I hadn't finished all my food. I told her I was full, but then she said in a voice that souned waaaaaay too much like mine, "You need to eat one more bite!" She got me!
3) For Mother's Day, she had made all kinds of special things for me at school and at the sitter's. One of the picture frames she'd made at school had plastic jewels glued all around the outside. I was gushing over how beautiful it was when she explained that she had picked out all jewels for my frame and no plain buttons because I was a "fancy" person who wore "fancy" clothes. If I were Miss Jody (one of her teachers at Preschool) she would have put buttons on there because she doesn't wear "fancy" clothes like her mommy. I will take that as a compliment! I also loved what her card read....she loves me because I let her watch Supernanny and sleep in my bed on Friday night and play with the boys on the weekends.
4) For Mother's Day the three of us took our bikes to a local state park and rode around for the afternoon then played at the park for a while. It was a gorgeous day and we had a blast. She made sure to keep telling me that she loved me and told me Happy Mother's Day at least 10 times. We stopped to grab lunch on the way home and got a big cookie to share. Meg finished her meal first and started eating it. I told her that she needed to share some with Greg so she tore him off a bite the size of a chocolate chip. He told her that her challenge was to break it into three equal pieces. She thought for a minute, then broke it apart. Two of the pieces were about the same size, with one piece being bigger. She looked at it, looked up at us, then looked back down at it. As quick as she could she tore off a hunk of it so it was even with the others and popped the extra into her mouth. She then declared, "Now they are all equal!" She got us again!
5) We spent tonight at Grandpa's playing with the horses. Meg and Kate rode Belle (the Palomino mini) for a while. Meg did a great job learning to control her on her own and was very excited about saying "Whooooooaaaaaa!" and making her stop on a dime. She even got up on the big horse June for a little bit and rode her. Uncle Ryan even hopped up there and they loped together. She told us it felt like being on a bunny rabbit and hopping. One might think that as a parent I'd worry about her falling off the horse in this situation. I tend to be a worry-wart mother, but falling off the horse doesn't concern me too much. However...I should have been concerned about her falling off the gate tonight. She had climbed up on a gate to watch Ryan ride, while I led Kate around on Belle and she fell backwards off the get. I just heard a big thud, Ryan yell "Oh Meghan!" then a loud scream. She ended up being ok (the pics below are post-fall) but it scared the crap out of her and me. Note to self....remind child to stay off gate!
The next big thing in life is that next Sunday is the big day that her earrings can be changed. She is anxiously awaiting this time and is counting it down on her calendar in her room. The first pair that she is going to wear keeps changing, so that is TBA....
No comments:
Post a Comment