Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Exactly what is normal?

When we were camping last weekend I realized last weekend that Meg has adapted to our "normal" life pretty well. This conversation proves it! It took place between her and the other little girl she was playing with while we camped (she was also 4, and lives with her mom and dad, so doesn't quite understand our kind of "normal")

Alexis (pointing to Greg and Cody)- There goes your dadddy.

Meghan (very matter of factly)- That's not my daddy.

A- Really? Where is your daddy?

M- Not here.

A- Where is he?

M- I don't know. Not here.

A- Oh. OK.

Off they go. After a few minutes, they walk up to me, Meg points to me and says, "That's my mommy!"

A (puzzled look on her face. Obviously confused that Greg and I are together, but that he is not Meghan's dad)- Oooohhhh.

Next day....

A- Your brothers scared me this morning!

M (Very matter of factly)- They aren't my brothers.

A- They aren't?????

M- No.

A- They don't live in your house with you?

M- No. They just live in my backyard.

A- (with a VERY puzzled look on her face)- Ooooohhh.

At this point, the other little girl stopped asking questions. I can only imagine what she thinks of our "family!" HA HA HA!

Meghan obviously thinks nothing of having the boys living in her backyard! It's just "normal" to her and she loves it! :)

No comments: