Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally! Halloween!

Meghan has been waiting for about two months for this day to get here. She was awake at 6:30 AM this morning. When I told her Happy Halloween as she got up, she said, "It's today? Really? Can I get my costume on and go trick or treating NOW?" HA! As tempted as I was to go start knocking on doors and waking up everyone else I could I resisted and told her we had to wait until the boys got home from school.

Our first visits were out to see the family. We visited Parker's first, then Mamaw and Papaw's and finally Grandpa's. The boys were totally amazed at the "jackpots" they kept hitting! Grandpa had a trick of his own for the kids. He had a small bowl of candy that had about 6 pieces of candy in it. He told them they could pick either one or two pieces. They looked back at us, like "Do you think it would be ok if we took two?" I knew he had waaaaay more than that for them, so I just smiled at them. Then he got up and grabbed another huge bowl that was full and said, I meant one or two handfuls! They immediately started shoveling candy into their bags.

We grabbed pizza for dinner, then went out for more trick or treating in our own neighborhood, like we really needed more candy! (In case you care....I was curious how much candy she really did get this week, so I got on the scales without it, then back on with the bag of candy. I was exactly 5.2 lbs heavier with the bag of candy. That's A LOT of candy!!!!!)
Meg was full of funny comments tonight too. Here are just a few:

*As we left home, "You don't need to worry about my name tonight Mom, just call me Dorothy all night."

*"This is definitely my favorite night!"

*After being asked by an older man, "Are you Heidi?" She came back to me and said, "Mom, why did that guy think I was hiding?" HA! She has no clue who Heidi even is!

*"Mom, look I got my favorite candy. It's the stick kind with stuff in it. You know pissy sticks? Is that it?"






No comments: