Finally....cool, crisp fall air found it's way to us! I must admit, I'm glad. I love fall. Meg, not so much. Dressing in long sleeves and wearing a jacket is causing some battles right now between us, but I keep insisting and soon enough she'll realize it's a battle she won't win. It's a long cold winter so tee shirts and flip flops are gone for now!
We had a great weekend though. Friday night we headed to Rural King with some special Mamaw and Papaw time. We had a talk about how we'd see lots of toys and she wasn't going to get anything, but she could point out some things that she might like to have for Christmas. She was very well behaved and announced while strolling through the toys that she found just what she wanted....."ALL of the girl toys they had!" HA HA HA! That's should be easy shopping this year. Actually, the Christmas "I wants" have already started. She's always seeing things on tv that she's just dying to have and I've been saving the catalogs for her to start circling items.
Saturday, we headed out to Grandpa's in the morning. I was busy doing some work and she got to play in the barn with him and the horses. Papaw picked her up there after a little while and she headed off to see the Chihuahua movie with him and Claire and Kate and Aunt Lisa. After the movie, they dropped her back off at home and we headed to the boys' last football game. We even got to eat at "The Pizza Place" (aka Chicago's) for dinner. Saturday night was filled with fun in the woods with Greg and the boys showing off their skills and our ever burning campfire.
Sunday, we were treated to a yummy Sunday dinner at Mamaw's and some play time there too. It'd been a while with our crazy schedules so we sure enjoyed the food! After we left there, we headed to a nearby pumpkin patch. We spent some time lost in the corn maze and enjoyed a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. After we got back home, we did a bit of fall decorating, then retreated inside for some quality Mommy and Meg time. She wanted to practice reading and do her new Barbie puzzle....again! The boys also taught her how to spell Mississippi this weekend, so I think she spelled that for me about 300 times just to make sure she had it right. I have a feeling that Miss Beth the babysitter, and all of her preschool teachers will find out that she knows how to spell it too tomorrow! HA HA!
Homework was a breeze this week by the way....just some straight lines and drawing some E's. She insisted on doing it herself after I explained it to her and she did quite well! :) That's my girl! Here are some pics from today's pumpkin patch adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment