Yep...even Preschool has homework these days. Meg brought the first paper home last week. I must admit, I was a little excited about it. She's excited about learning and I thought it would be fun. Just picture this....I got us all set up at the table so we could focus, she picked a purple crayon, I read the directions carefully and found out I was supposed to read the directions on how to draw the rectangle as she drew it. I instructed her to put her crayon on the arrow. Just as I'm ready to say, "Draw a big line across," she quickly draws this (for lack of better terms) half-assed circle where the rectangle lines are that she's supposed to have traced over. I was shocked! Of course though, since she's a teacher's kid, I just thought she didn't understand.
Sooooo...I explained, again, more slowly in my most patient "teacher voice." This time, she puts her crayon down, looks up at me with a smirk, looks back down at the paper and does it again. Now, I'm even more shocked. Ummmmm...does she not know that my child will NEVER act that like???? I will never have a kid like that. You know apples never fall far. (All those things us teachers blame parents for!) Apparently, she doesn't. She proceeds, even though I calmly tried to read the directions for how to draw each rectangle to draw the rest of them the same way. A bunch of half-hearted purple circles that were supposed to be the most perfect pre-school "wectangles" ever. :( My dreams of the perfect student are ruined! HA!
On to the back side. I change my strategy. I told her I didn't think she did her best on the front. I know she's better at writing than that and that she can draw very good "H's." (the assignment on the back) I went ahead and started making dinner. She worked very hard and did make very good H's and even traced the house neatly. :) Then, she asked for the rest of her crayons so she could color the rest of the house and decorate it. Atta girl! Whew...maybe she was just testing the waters.
Who knew how trying preschool homework would be?!?!?
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment