Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Thursday, October 02, 2008

My Not-so-Perfect Angel

Well...it happened. I knew it would. Meg had a time out today at Beth's. Unlike many of the parents I've been dealing with, I can admit that she deserved it. I know that she's no angel, but I want to believe (and I'm often told) that she's "so well behaved and so sweeeeeeet" especially so when I'm not around.

She woke up in a mood today. Her mouth was sassy. She was insistent upon wearing a short sleeve shirt (the high was supposed to be in the 50's or 60's today) so I vetoed that one pretty quickly. That really ticked her off and it was just the beginning. I guess it continued from there. The final straw for Beth, the sitter, was when she and another girl were laughing at and making fun of another boy. She ended up in time-out. I asked if she cried and she didn't. I guess she just bowed her head and moped for a bit afterwards, in her true drama queen style.

I made her tell me all about it when we got home. At first, Ms. I-forget-no-little-detail-ever forgot ALL about it, but it quickly came back when I threatened to cancel the camping trip for the weekend unless she remembered. She admitted it and told me she apologized to him. Good enough for me! :)

No comments: