Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Holiday Preparations

Meg got her letter from Santa this week. She was so excited, but also had many questions. How does he know my address? How does he know the boys' names? Can we really put a carrot on the roof for Ruldolph? And they go on and on and on.... I really feel like she's way too intuitive to buy into this whole Santa thing for too many years. We did already have the talk about how she doesn't need to be scared on Christmas Eve night. To refresh memories (or fill you in, if necessary) she was TERRIFIED last year to go to bed that night. She just couldn't get over the fact that some fat, strange looking guy could zip down our chimney and come into our house. If you think about it, it makes sense, at least to a preschooler. Could any weirdo do this, anytime? Anyways, I've already started talking it up this year so we don't have near the drama this year that there was last year. There was a point in time that I thought she would stay awake all night and then I really had no idea what I was gonna do. That darn Dr. Spock never put that in his dumb parenting guide! HA!



She sat down at the table to write her letter back to Santa. For those that know Meghan personaly, she has many, many words to share. Her writing will be the same, I think. **Wonder where she gets that????** I just loved her all of her ideas, but it would have taken the next two weeks to write them all, so I helped her condense them. Here is her letter (the translation follows):





Dear Santa,

How are the reindeers? I want a Puppy Knows Your Name.

**She wanted to ask how Mrs. Claus was, and to tell the reindeers to watch out so that Greg won't shoot them. She also wanted to include everything on the list that she and Greg made a few weeks ago. That's where I stepped in and helped her condense!**

Thursday is our special girl night with Mamaw, Aunt Lisa, Claire and Kate. We're headed to the Spaghetti Factory and Disney on Ice. We're definitely looking forward to a fun-filled night! I'll be sure to post and update!

No comments: