Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What an "ice" time!

Meg got an early break this week. She got Wednesday and Thursday off of preschool to begin her holiday break. School's been cancelled for the past two days due to ice. I must admit, I've been hoping for some delays myself (which would still result in preschool being cancelled for her), but I definitely haven't wanted the WHOLE day off, because those have to be made up later. Two days to make up is even worse, but oh well, we've had the days, so we've enjoyed them!

On Wednesday, we were relatively lazy in the morning, then we finally got motivated to go out and get some errands done. The great thing about living in town is that the roads are perfect! :) She got some much needed new tennis shoes, then she got to go to the babysitter's to play for a short time while I went to the hospital to help out Greg, since he had to take his mother there earlier in the day and she ended up being admitted. We rounded out the evening with a haircut, or I should say trim. Meg refuses to get an actual hair cut. Her goal is to have hair as long as Rapunzel's, so cutting it defeats that goal. The ratty ends, however, need a trim periodically, so I insist on taking her to Great Clips every so often for a trim. It's all about the way I word things. Yes, she's smart, but I'm clever!

Today, I was shocked with the cancellation call. Again, we took our time with breakfast, played Barbies for a while and even counted all the change in her piggy bank. I ended up rolling up nearly $80 in change, and yes, that is A LOT of change to roll! We finally got ready and headed to the mall, via clear, unicy major roadways to finish up some Christmas shopping and see Santa, with letter in hand. There was virtually no line for Santa today! Thanks Dr. Gellert (G-C Superintendent)! Meg gave him a big hug, crawled up in his lap, translated her letter to him, and also told him about the American Girl doll she wants. He knew all about American Girl dolls so they had a nice conversation about which one he should bring her. (Bitty Twins, which he is bringing were not mentioned, so I hope there's not great disappointment next week!) She also thanked him for the letter that he sent her. She put her letter in his mailbox, we paid our $17, yes, that's not a typo, $17, for a 5x7 photo of him and her together and off we went!

No comments: