Whew...I'm exhausted! So much for weekends to be for catching up on rest, huh? Here's our recap:
Friday after school, Claire and Kate came home with us. We had to make a quick detour for Meg to have yet another chest x-ray at the hospital. (Pneumonia is still not all gone....grrrrrr!!!) That was fun, three young girls in tow at the hospital, everyone just gave me a polite smile like "Gee woman, have you ever heard of birth control??" I just smiled right back...I can't tell you how tempted I was to start swatting at imaginary flying creatures or doing some nervous tick just to make people think I really was crazy. HA! They were all very good and my sweet little darling even shared her Hannah Montana stickers with her favorite cousins when she was all done. I was quite proud of her.
Grandpa came down and ate pizza with us before the whole gang headed out to Meg's soccer game. And by whole gang, I mean WHOLE GANG! We loaded up in Grammy's van...all nine of us...I even had to sit of the floor because the big 'ole van didn't hold us all! HA! Meg was pretty fired up that she was going to have such a big audience for her game, unfortunately, it didn't last too long. The game had just gotten under way (she had already had three or four big kicks) when lightining struck and they called it. We all rushed back to the, only to sit in the parking lot for 20 minutes during a pretty fierce storm, hail included. A trip to Dairy Queen helped to calm everyone's nerves afterwards. =)
Saturday, baseball was cancelled, so we decided to head out camping for the night. The boys and Meg headed over early in the afternoon, while I worked. I picked up Meg's friend after I got off work and we went over later on in the afternoon to meet up with everyone. The two girls had a blast playing on the playground, in the sand and we even all went fishing today. We even managed to keep all five kids spread far enough apart today that no one's lines got tangled. That in itself is a victory! Kyle was the only one to catch a very tiny bluegill, but they still had fun. Meg had a bit of a problem Sat. night before going to bed. A small black bug was on her pillow. She flipped out and is now refusing to use that side of her pillow. It's her favorite pink pillow, so she can't sleep without it, so she just flips it over and is using the other side. Silly girl! I would be happy to wash it for her, but my washing machine broke on Friday night. (Yep.....just what I need another problem at my house.....I'm thinking about setting up a Homeowner's Repair fund at the bank so if you read this and would like to donate to it, please email me for information! ;)
We came home this afternoon then had to head to the rescheduled baseball games. Meg was thrilled to be able to go and watch, although I think she was much more interested in the concession stand. She at a bag of candy, nachos and a couple of cheese sticks, then drank an entire bottle of water that she was supposed to share with me. And yes, we had just eaten lunch before we got there!
The last big news of the weekend is that she has been able to change her earrings this weekend finally. She is making sure that everyone knows this and to be honest, she's driven me nuts asking me 3,000 times what earrings she should wear next. She also asked the boys tonight if they wanted to see her earrings one more time before we headed for home. They told her no, but she ran over to them and showed them anyways, and they of course looked at them. They are much too nice to her to really tell her no!
Preschool graduation is in 4 days.....pics coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment