Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

But Mommy!

We had to head up to school today to get a few things I've been needing for a Master's assignment. We ran into Mrs. Stevens, Meg's soon-to-be kindergarten teacher, and visited for a few. As we headed down to my room, Meghan was sparked with many questions about kindergarten. One of them was where her room was. I explained that it was up by the office and I'd point it out as we left. I did that as we walked out the door and Meg said, "It isn't very close to your room Mommy!" I replied that the older kids are further away from the office and that she'd be fine without me near. Her response? "But Moooooomy! What if I neeeeed you?" Awwww...how sweet just to think that she'd even admit that she might need me. I did tell her though that most all of the other kids at school didn't have their mommies even in the building, so she'd have to just make it. We also had a talk about how we will not see each during the day while she's in class. I can just imagine turning around in my class and seeing her little face peeking through my door window! LOL

No comments: