Not here apparently, but we're working on it! Meg discovered a pogo stick and a jump rope at Greg's last night. She immediately wanted to hop on the pogo stick and start bouncing...with help of course. Then she wanted to practice jumping rope. We've done this a couple of times in the gym at school, but not much. I soon discovered that Meghan has very little rhythm and her coordination is lacking (for now.....) The flat footed jump looked painful, but she couldn't grasp the idea of a soft landing as I tried to explain it. She was trying so hard to jump at the right time but her poor little feet just couldn't leave in time together when we'd yell "Jump!" I even had her stop and try to clap her hands along with me to a rhythm and that didn't work so well. We decided she just doesn't have enough "soul" in her! LOL She did manage to keep working at it and jump three times or so in a row. She was pretty excited by that so we considered that success for night #1 of jump rope school.
After that "success" she was motivated to get on her bike and practice riding it. This we've done a handful of times this summer with absolutely no luck. She wants to practice, but continuously yells out, "I can't do it!!!!!" and then I get frustrated because of her attitude. I thought maybe she had the right attitude and would actually be able to make some progress, but we made little. In the end, she kept putting her feet out the side as soon as she'd take off. I kept telling her not to because I could see her foot getting caught on the ground and all mangled up, but of course, in typical Meg-style I had no idea what I was talking about. I finally just told her I was done and walked away. Greg attempted to help a couple of times, but the truth is, I think she's just not ready for bike riding yet. Maybe after she gets her license we'll try it again, until then, training wheels will have to be pretty cool! LOL
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment