That's what Meg is! On Saturday, she knew she was going to the county fair with me because I was judging a little kids' pet parade. She started asking around 8am if it was time to go. (We didn't have to be there until 4:30 PM!) She continued to ask ALLLLLL day and was beyond excited when I finally said the magical words "It's time to go to the fair!" There was no delay in getting her shoes on or even a battle of what shoes to wear. It didn't even matter that they weren't strapped down as tight as possible. Sunday was the parade which is always a big hit because of the candy. All of our kids got quite a load and have enjoyed eating it after breakfast lunch and dinner. I figure there's two ways to let them have it 1) eat it slowly over a long period of time and fight the battle of "Can we have caaaannnndy nowwwwwww??????" or 2) eat as much as you can in a sitting and finish it quickly. I've decided that indulging in as much as possible and consuming it all quickly is a better way to go. That way I don't have to fight four kids sneaking candy before meals for the next 3 months. Good thinking, eh?
Today Meg was in heaven as she got to spend a much larger chunk of time at the fair. We all went this morning and by all, I mean ALL! I had Meg, Kyle, Cody, Connor and even Claire and Kate tagged around with us for a short time. There I was walking around with 6 kids in tow. YIKES! Talk about crazy!!! I even splurged and bought everyone a bottle of soda......mmmmmm....more sugar to hype them up. Why not, it's fair week, right? Then Meg and I headed back this evening for some more fun. She got to run around with some limited freedom between barn and play with the girls. I was in total shock to see my pristine little princess who doesn't even like to walk in wet grass, walking without her shoes on and playing on top of a mulch pile. Needless to say, she was a filty rat by the time we came home. I used extra shampoo and I still think there is mulch in her hair. Her comment before she got in the shower sums up the evening:
"Look Mommy! I left a trail of yuckness on the floor!"
It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was that kid who was running around having a ball at the fair. I wondered to myself tonight, how in the world did I get old enough to have a daughter who's now old enough to be doing this? I'm so grateful that she is able to experience it and enjoy it the way I did though.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment