Friday, July 10, 2009
Shooting Some 'Shoots'
The day I've been waiting for has finally happened and I'm oh so thrilled I had to blog about it! Meg and I were playing outside last night at Greg's and doing the usual stuff, but then she asked to get a basketball because she wanted to play! YES YES YES! She made my day....No! She made my month actually by suggesting this. Since the boys aren't know for their skills in putting things like balls and other sports equipment back where they belong, I had to trek through the wooded area and skirt around some poison ivy to get a basketball out of the woods for us to play with, but it was well worth the danger I had to put myself in! The first ball she shot up towards the basket went right in. (Thank you God!) She yelled out, I made a shoot! I made a shoot! I had to correct her and explain that she made a "basket" and not a "shoot" but she really didn't care. She was just pretty excited! The boys had to come over and see what was going on. They joined in too and we played for another 30 minutes or so. She proceeded to make four more "shoots." I was very proud of her. Now I just need to work on getting her out of the jean skirt and flip flops that she was playing in and convince her that tennis shoes aren't really all that bad . Baby steps though, baby steps! For now....I'm happy as can be that she actually wanted to play ball and didn't end up crying because the ball hit her finger. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope that my uber-girly princess has a tiny little bit of spitfire in her and we won't be playing dolls and dress up forever! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment