Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mama, Mommy, Mom and now...

Mother. Over the past four years what Meg has called me has evolved. I was thrilled when she first started saying Mama as a baby. For a long time, I was Mommy, then for the past for months I've been Mom some too (which made me cringe some thinking about how she's growing up too fast!) but now I've become Mother. Ugh! I can't say I like this name. I mean, she's only four and it's so formal and I so NOT a formal person! She'll say things like "Yes, mother" and "No, thank you mother." It's freaking me out! She even said to me last night, "Why are you looking at me like that Mother?" She even called out while she and Greg were playing last night, "Mother, come play with us!" Gee whiz...that sounds like fun, Daughter. :/ I keep thinking this title has come from a television show or movie she's seen recently and it will pass, or at least that's what I'm hoping for. Otherwise, I may just start referring to her as Daughter and see how she responds! :)

No comments: