Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ready or not....

Kindergarten here she comes. Preschool finished a kindergarten readiness checklist recently. Meg passed everything with flying colors except knowing her home phone number and tieing her shoes. She calls her dad and knows that number, but I rarely use the home phone for anything. The only real purpose is for the internet, so it never entered my mind that she should know it too. I thought learning her address was much more important! HOWEVER....being the teacher I am, if you ask it to her now, she'll proudly tell you what it is! :)

As for the shoe tieing...I bought a book (because, once again, I am a teacher and there is a book for EVERYTHING!) and thought we'd start practicing that and hoped to have it mastered by August. Not a problem! She's a very determined little girl. She sat with the book the first night I gave it to her and insisted she get it. It was about 45 minutes of her yelling at me to help her "find the hole for the bunny to go in!" but she got it! (Thanks to Greg for the tip of the bunny going around the bush, into the hole....that really helped!) I will say it's probably a little backwards and messed up since we're both lefties and she's a righty though. I attempted to teach her the way I thought a right handed person would do it, but I'm still not sure that's exactly it. Doesn't really matter though....she can now tie her own shoe!

I can't believe that it's nearly time for her to start school. Wow...has the time flown by?!?! One minute I'm not-so-anxiously awaiting her arrival and the next school is starting. Truly amazing, but exciting at the same time!

One off topic funny comment for tonight:

She was having chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. As I was putting the noodles in her bowl, she demanded that she also wanted more of that "soup juice" stuff too! What a clever name for broth, huh?

No comments: