Magnificent Meghan

Magnificent Meghan
The attempt to chronicle the life and times of the Magnificent Meghan

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Timing of questions

Meg's been sick. We were at the doctor's office again yesterday (trip #2 in just a few days) right about nap time. That combined with not feeling well equated to a Meg that was a little ornery acting. She was kind of kicking at me, then she'd hop off the table and hug me. She kept going back and forth between being catankerous and loving every few seconds. At one point while the doc was examining her she looked over at me and said in her sweet voice (remember Meghan #1????) and said, "Moooomy, I love yooooooouuuuuu." Awwwwww....how sweet right? Sure.

Our visit was a rather long one so towards the end of it, while the doctor was in the room finishing up getting her prescription sent off, she started asking me any random question she could think of. Then finally she asked me who my mommy and daddy were. We've had this conversation many times, so I once again told her Mamaw and Papaw, I figured this was just the only thing left for her to think of to talk about. But no....just wait....here comes the best part!!!!!!! Then she proceeds to ask, "How did you get a mommy and a daddy?" (That was a new one!) Uhhhhhh....I looked up at the dr. at the same time he looked up at me. Me, being the quick thinker I am, said, "it's a good thing we're here with the dr., he can tell you all about that!" and just laughed. He told me that sounded like a good conversation for a the car ride home, then he handed us our paper so we could leave. And he never did really laugh. :/ Thanks Meg for helping us make a very quick exit!

Oh...and in case you haven't heard my confession of what a horrible parent I was this week, I sent her to school on Tuesday because I really did think she was better. Obviously, she wasn't, which is why we were back at the dr.'s office. She was diagnosed with pneumonia. So yes, I'll confess, I sent my child to school with pneumonia! Me, the person who complains about all the horrible parents in the world that send their sniffling, snot-nosed kids to my own classroom, sent my child to school when she had pneumonia. Another life lesson learned......

No comments: